Friday, March 8, 2013

Projects from 2012

Though it has almost been a month since I promised to post some pictures of the projects I have endeavored over the past several months, here they are at long last.

One of my favorite projects-Papa's shirt transformed into little girl's dress.

A matching head band. My own creation. 
Hello Kitty Dress! I made the ruffle skirt and attached it to the shirt.
The monkey bib. I am attaching bias tape for the first time! Yikes!
This bib project was my first time working with bias tape and of course, I attached it the wrong way or the cheating way. After this project, I read several tutorials on how to sew on bias tape. I am still learning to perfect it.

First skirt!
As I said in a previous post, my husband and I went to Hawaii in Nov./Dec. and before we went, I made this skirt to take along for the trip. It also happens to be the first skirt I have made for myself! I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I used a cotton print and the lightweight feel was perfect for sunny, hot days in Paradise.

Refashioned Jean skirt.
So I have had this mini-jean skirt for some time, but I do not care for mini skirts. So in an attempt to add length to the skirt, I attached two rows of eyelet ruffles. Kind of feel like a mermaid wearing this, so not really sure if it is "me".

Here is my first attempt at pajama bottoms, and they turned out so cute. I used this great tutorial and highly recommend it!

PJ's for my nieces!

PJ's for my cousin's boys!


PJ's for my cousin's girls!
The heart I stitched onto my cousin's girls' PJ's!
So a couple weeks before Christmas, I decided I wanted to make matching pajamas's for my nieces, my cousin's boys, and my other cousin's girls. I didn't have access to a pair of each of their pajama bottoms to trace for a pattern like shown in the tutorial I referred to above. But low and behold, I received an e-mail from fabric.com with a free pattern for making similar pajamas and the pattern had all the right sizes! I was so excited, and everything turned out great. Next time, however, I will decide to undertake a project like this earlier than two weeks before Christmas. I bought matching shirts from Fred Meyers for as little as $3-something. I monogrammed my nieces shirts but found out how difficult that was, so I added hearts to my cousin's girls' shirts. The boys I left alone. The pattern did not call for buttons, but I added them to the bottoms for fun. One of my cousins has said these are the most comfortable pajamas and so easy to put on. I used flannel from Jo-Ann's to make the bottoms.

Here are the PJ's already to be wrapped, and just in time!
Well this is just a sample of some of the things I made in 2012. I also made several cardigans but I don't have pictures of those.  Now here we are in 2013 and I have already completed many new projects.  I will try to bring you up-to-date on them....eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment