Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baggin' It Up!

So about a little over a month ago, I really got into purse making. I did a lot of research on purse making, which is when I really started to learn about interfacing. Anyone that knows interfacing knows that there are SO very many different kinds, from fusible to sew-in, from light to ultra firm. Then there is fusible fleece. Trying to sift through all the information that is out there in tutorials and websites is very overwhelming. I finally discovered some valuable sites and information, and after this I ordered a bunch of interfacing and purse necessities from Jo-Ann's. When the order arrived, I felt like it was Christmas and my birthday all in one.

Beautiful isn't it???
I just wanted to bask in the beauty of all that interfacing and magnetic snaps. And the book that I got is great! Love it. So informative and well written. Check it out here. Also, since this purchase, I discovered the wonderful michellpatterns! Not only are her patterns amazing, she also has amazing advice on interfacing and many other sewing tips and techniques. Every pattern I have bought from her has not me some new sewing skill. Each pattern is like a sewing lesson. She is amazing. Be sure to check her out. Once I have more experience with interfacing I will have to share what I have learned and what are my favorites. For now, I recommend resources like michellpatterns and Lisa Lam, the author of The Bag Making Bible. Here is a link to her blog and specifically, a post on interfacing bags. Hope this helps any newbie interfacers like myself. Yes, I made that word up, I think. :) Happy Interfacing!

No comments:

Post a Comment