Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Sewing Projects: Part One

I hope everyone had a truly wonderful, blessed Christmas! I know I did! So thankful for the wonderful time I had with family and friends as we celebrated the Savior's birth.

On Friday, December 13th (I know, Friday the 13th!), I submitted my last final for the semester and so began my one month vacation from school. That first Saturday was devoted to cleaning my house, as it had been poorly neglected over the past two weeks. Sunday I rested, while Monday began my mad dash to get all my Christmas projects and shopping done. My sewing projects kept me busy right up to Monday, December 23rd. It was my goal to be done that day, which I basically accomplished, except for a little hand sewing my mom asked me to do, which didn't take too long. So overall, last week was one busy week. Now I have some time to sit back and breathe and actually enjoy my vacation from school, as well as begin to share some of my Christmas projects, now that they are no longer a secret. :)

First up is my infinity scarves. I think I may be a little late to the program, but seriously, where have these beauties been all my life??? I LOVE infinity scarves! I made my first Girl Charlee fabric purchase specifically for these lovely creations.




These are only four of the ten I made. The others had already been gifted. For these scarves, I needed two yards of fabric each (because of the length); however, two yards made two scarves. The finished dimensions of these babies were approximately 14-inches wide and approximately 6-feet in circumference. I used a half inch seam allowance and my serger worked beautifully to sew these babies up, especially after my brilliant sewing friend Erin gave me the perfect tension setting for working with cotton jersey knit. (Thank you, Erin!) I have written it down and posted it to my serger! Well that was my first project! I hope to get pics of each of the recipients of these scarves wearing them. I actually have one of my grandma wearing hers. (My mom bought one of the scarves from me for a Christmas present to her mom)

Grandma with her children

She looks pretty classy in her new infinity scarf! Well that is the first of my Christmas sewing projects. I will share another tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment