Saturday, May 21, 2016

NEW Pattern: Cable Banded Fingerless Gloves

I am super excited to announce that I have just released my 9th pattern: the Cable Banded Fingerless Gloves!!


I am pretty much in LOVE with this pattern! It has been my pet project for close to two months. The very first one I made was for an adult sized hand (using my hand measurements). I actually originally planned to knit them in the flat, but after sewing up the long seam on the first mock-up, I scratched that idea quick and rewrote the pattern for knitting in the round.

My far from glamorous shot of the first one knitted in the round.

The inspiration behind this cable band came from my last pattern: The Striped Cable Slouchy. I thought it would be fun to have coordinating accessories and I LOVE the cable band look. Here is a pic of my little model wearing both the gloves and slouchy.


It took me forever to draft the original size for smaller hands but thanks to the help of some friends with kiddos willing to give me hand measurements, I was able to tackle it. Hand sizes will obviously vary, and I know I could not make a size to fit every person perfectly, but in the pattern, I include a lengthy note for changing the circumference and adding length. I think this is a very easy pattern for intermediate knitters to customize. And my wonderful testers echoed that sentiment. Speaking of testers, here is a picture of Sweet T. Knits' (ravelry user tippyappleton) tester version. Aren't they gorgeous????

Sweet T. Knits

Overall, I am in LOVE with this new pattern and can't wait until fall football games to wear my matching slouchy and gloves! (Okay the sun has just returned after a long, gloomy winter, so maybe I can wait for a while.) :) The pattern is now available for purchase on Etsy, Ravelry, and Craftsy.

Happy Knitting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment