Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Moment to Laugh

Today, my husband had one of his rare days off, which are always a treat for us both! Being the wonderful sport he is, he graciously spent some of this afternoon helping me cut out material using the new tools I bought yesterday. At one point he mentioned that it might be more helpful to iron the material first because it had several creases where it had been folded. I agreed and instantly remembered the iron we had been given for a wedding gift (one we had never used yet, during our first year of marriage). So we hopped up and headed to the closest where we have several wonderful gifts stored that we just do not have the room to put out in our apartment. Excited we sat down to open our iron. As soon as my husband opened the box, he knew something was wrong. The first warning sign was the wedding tissue paper laying inside. "Strange," I thought to myself. Then, my husband pulled out the table runner that was wrapped in the tissue paper. We both looked at each other, thinking the same thing. He pulled out the last item, which was a vase. We just stared at them both for a moment, recovering from the shock of seeing our "iron." We laughed a little, thinking it was funny we had thought we had one gift for a whole year and it turned out to be something entirely different. That is when it hit me: "Honey, our thank you card said 'thank you for the iron'!!!" We died laughing, half embarrassed and half entertained. Now how many people can say they thanked a couple for the box they received their wedding gift in? Maybe more than I would guess. See, sewing can leave you in stitches. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment