Friday, October 19, 2012

Cozy & Simple Baby Booties

I found the easiest pattern here to make little baby booties with three seams. You can make a set using one fabric quarter and still have fabric left over! Sorry, I didn't take pictures as I went along; however, the pattern provides pictures. I have made two pairs so far. Here is a picture of the first set I made.

These are the 3 to 6 month size.

Aren't they adorable? The only part I had trouble with was the third and final seem. The pattern calls for a zigzag stitch that goes off the right edge. I had trouble making sure both pieces were stitched, so there were no gaps. I probably just needed to cut better or line the pieces up better. It was easy to fix though. For the next pair I make, I might just stitch close to the edge but not off, and then trim some of the excess.

I made these little darlings for my youngest niece, Rihanna Rose.

Baby Feet = Adorable!
A perfect fit! I promise that I will take step-by-step pictures of the next pair I make. I am thinking about adding some cute buttons to the top. Also, I want to extend the size and make slipper booties for Hannah, Rihanna's big sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment